Friday, April 5, 2013

Swatch & Review: NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Buenos Aires and Istanbul

It's Friday!!! TGIF!

I finally had a chance to try out NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams. I bought the colors Istanbul and Buenos Aires (which is the newest one!):


Left to Right: Istanbul and Buenos Aires

Istanbul is a light, baby pink. I looked a little like Nicki Minaj when I put this one on, but if you like like pink lip colors, then this is right up your alley. Buenos Aires was described as a soft coral on NYX's website, but I think it is more orange-y than coral. This one is a good nude for darker skintones; when it was on my lips, it looked similar to CoverGirl's LipPerfection lipstick in Delish. I took some pictures of them on my lips to give you a better idea of the colors:

NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Istanbul

NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Buenos Aires

Also, I let my fair roommate try out Buenos Aires this just to see what it would look like on her, and it looked distinctly orange-ish, so if that isn't your thing, you may not want to get Buenos Aires. 

These products do smell as strongly of cake as other reviewers have mentioned, but I don't mind scents, so I wasn't turned off by it. I had some issues figuring out how to apply this product. You need to exfoliate so the product does not settle into the cracks of your lips, and you also need to be sure to spread the product evenly since it tends to come out of the bottle in clumps. 

I was impressed with how long this product lasted. Once it dried, it did not transfer onto my glasses or straws. It also lasted for about three hours for me. It did, however, settle in the cracks on my lips a bit. One tip I'd suggest is wearing lip gloss over these; it makes the settling less obvious.

No comments:

Post a Comment