Tuesday, March 19, 2013

St. Patrick's Day fun: Green Eyeshadow, Food, and a Mint Blazer

Hello everyone! I hope you had a good St. Patrick's Day!! My boyfriend and I celebrated it by making dinner, drinks, and going to a St. Patrick's Day party at a friend's place, and then the next day I flew out to Haylee Ann's place for Spring Break, so this is the first chance I've had to write a post about St. Patrick's Day.

Here's a picture of the eyeshadow I did for that night:


I used my Smashbox Studio Pop Eye Palette for this. First, I put pieces of Scotch Tape from the outer corner of my eye to the end of my eyebrows in order to create a winged shape. I used Nutmeg, a golden bronze, all over my lid and crease. Then, I put Emerald, a bright green, on my lid. I originally wanted to blend Nutmeg and Emerald to make an olive color, but I liked it this way so I left it. Then, I used No. 54 Black Lace from the Sephora Collection (it's a matte black eyeshadow) on the outer edges of my eyes and dragged it from there through my crease.

I lined my eyes using Milani Liquif'Eye Metallic Eyeliner in Black and used  Maybelline Great Lash mascara. I finished off by using my fluffy powder blush to clean off the area under my eyes. Just in case you're curious, I used Merle Norman Angel Glow as my blush because it is a nice, subtle pink. I also wore NYX round lipstick in Perfect so I would have a pretty neutral lip.

My boyfriend and I made Irish car bomb jello shots, Shepard's pie, and Irish coffee. The jello shots were a little hard to cut out of the cups, and so I included a picture of the shots in a cup and outside the cup:


Haylee Ann celebrated St. Patrick's by buying a mint blazer from Wet Seal:

Isn't it cute? I don't know if you can see it, but it has some lace on the side, a little in front of the area in front of her arm. It was $30, but she got a code for 10% off by a promo Wet Seal is doing. If you text "wetseal" to 82257, they send you a code for 10% off. (Wet Seal says that standard messaging and data rates may apply, by the way.)

Unfortunately, I did not have a chance to do St. Patrick's Day-themed nails. But I do have some OTHER nail art to show you guys soon, so be looking forward to that!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment