Monday, March 11, 2013

Swatches & Review: Maybelline Stylish Smokes Eyeshadow Quad in Natural Smokes

Hey everyone!
Sorry Haylee Ann and I haven't posted much recently!! Haylee Ann is in Vegas for Spring Break this week, and I have a ton of school work to finish up since this is my week before Spring Break. :(

Anyway, here's a picture of the quad:

Maybelline Stylish Smokes Eyeshadow Quad in Natural Smokes

I actually bought this palette for a friend's wedding when I was a bridesmaid. The wedding had a tight budget, so we bought one or two of these palettes and had everyone do their own makeup. That's part of what makes this palette great--it looks great on a variety of skin colors: we had 2 South Asian girls and 4 Caucasian girls, and it looked great on everyone!



The shadows are good for the price. I do have some trouble with the grey: It's easier to apply it using your fingers. If I use a brush, it isn't pigmented enough. Also, the grey has quite a bit of fallout. The brown and the liner go on great with a brush or fingers. I don't use the "base" color, since that's too light for darker skin tones. However, the palette still gives a nice, pretty neutral smokey eye.

I would definitely recommend this product! It's a great palette for someone who is interested in trying out eyeshadows and doesn't want to spend too much money. You just have to play with it a little in order to learn the best way to apply it and see what you like. For example, I hated it at first and thought it looked weird on my face. I had issues with the grey ending up a lot farther on the outer edge of my eyelids than I wanted it. After playing with the color and trying different bases, I finally figured out how to get the grey color to stay put. :)

Have a good week! If you're on Spring Break and travelling, have a safe week! If not.... I feel your pain, but we'll have our turn next week!! :P


No comments:

Post a Comment