Wednesday, July 24, 2013

ARTSY WEDNESDAY: Designer-inspired

Today's theme was designer-inspired. I was inspired by this gorgeous Monique Lhuillier dress:


I was pleased that my idea for my nails panned out:


I used Wet n Wild Shine Black Creme as the base, and used paper reinforcements to make the half-moons. [There's a great tutorial here.] I used Wet n Wild Shy on top of the black. Last, I used one of my new Bundle Monster stamping plates, BM-20, to stamp the design on top of my half-moon manicure. 

This was my first time doing a half-moon manicure with paper reinforcements, and I learned how important it is not to use a thick polish for your top color. If the polish is too thick, then it's hard to get a clear half-moon. Also, if you accidentally put too much polish on your nail, you also don't get pretty half-moons. This was also my first time using my stamping plates; I plan on doing a review of the plates soon, and I'll include some tips on stamping there, too. Also, let me know if you would like a more detailed tutorial of this!

Be sure to check out the other girls' designer-inspired manis:



9 comments:

  1. It turned out so well! These nails would be perfect for a formal event!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aaliyah!! I definitely want to do them the next time I have a formal event!

      Delete
  2. This is such a gorgeous design! A definite must-try! Great job!

    Christal
    LipstickAndPonytails.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christal! Let me know if you try it, I would love to see other color combinations and such of this :)

      Delete
  3. These are GORGEOUS!!! So so pretty. I love them.

    I'd love for you to share this at my "That's My Style" Link Part this Friday!! It's a link up for all things beauty (makeup, hair, nails, style and DIY). Hope to see you there. :)

    Karla @ www.MySerendipitousLife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just did! Thanks for hosting a beauty link up. :)

      Delete
  4. Thanks so much for sharing this at "That's My Style" Link Party!!! I'm so happy you did. I do hope you'll join in again. I can't wait to see what you have to share next week. :)

    Karla @ www.MySerendipitousLife.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a lovely design and what a gorgeous dress! I wish I knew where to get the paper reinforcements to do half-moon manis - they don't seem to sell them where I live.

    Stopping by from That's My Style Link Party.

    Del @ spud-nails.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Maybe you could try cutting out semicircles in tape? That is more trouble, though. Maybe you can find paper reinforcements online. Thanks for stopping by!!

      Delete