Thursday, July 4, 2013

Fourth of July Polka Dot Nails + Tutorial

Happy Independence Day to everyone in the US! I'm back from vacation, and super jet lagged, but I really wanted to do Fourth of July nails, so I fought of my sleepiness and did these:


I used OPI Designer de Better for the the base and OPI 20 Candles On My Cake, Ulta Blue For You, and Kiss Nail Art Paint in White for the dots.


1. Paint your nails your base color (here, I used Designer de Better.)
2. Use a bobby pin or dotting tool to make the polka dots. I think it's easier to go by rows when making the polka dots: I made the white one first, then did the red and blue ones, and then moved up to the third row...
3. Let the polka dots dry COMPLETELY. I waited around 10 minutes before moving on to the next step.
4-5. Use a toothpick or a smaller dotting tool to make smaller dots in the first dots you made. It's easier to do one color at a time: here, I did all the blue dots first, and then in Step 5, I did all the red dots. I did the white dots last.
6. Once you have done all the inner dots, let the dots dry COMPLETELY, and then seal with a top coat.

Tips:
-Wipe the extra, dried-up nail polish off of your bobby pin/toothpick/dotting tool after each dot. It makes it easier to get nicer dots.
-If your nail polish starts drying out, it will be hard to make nice dots! Pour out a new drop of nail polish when you notice the nail polish is starting to clump up or dry.
-If you don't like how the outside dots look, you put a little bit of polish on a toothpick and fix the shape of the larger dots. :)

I'm going to go unpack now...I've been putting it off because I hate unpacking, but it's time to suck it up and do it! Have a great day, and if you're in the US, enjoy the barbecue and fireworks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment