Wednesday, July 10, 2013

ARTSY WEDNESDAY: Two Colors

Hi guys! So Haylee and I recently became part of the Artsy Wednesday group, and we are super thrilled to be part of a group of such talented and creative nail artists! Basically twice a month on Wednesday, we post a nail art design based on a pre-selected theme. Today's theme was 2 colors.

Here is what I did. I used OPI Pussy Galore and NYC Black Lace Creme:


I did the stripes with striping tape and freehanded the bow using a toothpick. I've wanted to try a striped manicure using a Liquid Sand polish, and this was the perfect opportunity! :)

Here's what Haylee did:


Haylee says:

"I apologize for the bad clean up job. I am saving up to buy a nice nail art brush set to help with my clean up jobs. I just couldn't break the bank right away because I bought my first set of  stamping plates!!!! It's been an exciting adventure and I look forward to posting many manicures using my new set (Cheeky Vibrant Collection). So basically, in honor of our first Artsy Wednesday, I am posting my first nail art design using the stamping plates. Isn't it cute? I would have put stripes on all my nails except I was still trying to get the hang of stamping so the lines did not turn out that great on the now solid colored nails. For the pink I used Essie's Italian Love Affair which is by far my favorite light pink for darker skin tones, and for the brown I used my new limited edition Pierre Hardy for NARS Vertebra Right."

Thank you to the Artsy Wednesday ladies for letting us join in on the fun!! Make sure to check out what they have done for Artsy Wednesday:


No comments:

Post a Comment